The Shenkman Private Client Group of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. cordially invites you to attend the below Accountant/Attorney “Winter Webinar Series.”
This series will cover a range of timely wealth planning topics for 2021.
Each program be given by a nationally recognized expert in their field and packed with practical/actionable information:
· Winter Accountant/Attorney Webinar # 2: “Important Medicaid and Elder Care Update: New Major Changes to New York’s Home Care Program!”
- Date: Thursday, February 4th, 2021
- Time: 8:30am-9:00am – Presentation
- Host/Moderator: Jonathan I. Shenkman, AIF®, Associate Director of Investments/Financial Advisor – Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
o Speaker: Elizabeth Forspan, Esq., Partner, Forspan Klear LLP
- Seminar Description: Elizabeth Forspan, Esq. will discuss the new significant changes to the Community-based Medicaid (Home Care) program that became effective this past October. We will also review important Medicaid planning techniques, particularly in light of estate and gift tax planning. The discussion will include a review of the importance of irrevocable trusts and other techniques that should be considered in light of new Medicaid rules.
o Price: No fee.
Register for Webinar: Click here to register and reserve your space!
About the host:
Jonathan I. Shenkman, AIF®, is a financial advisor, portfolio manager, Accredited Investment Fiduciary, and the founder of the Shenkman Private Client Group of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Jonathan specializes in working with his clients to comprehensively address all aspects of wealth management and investments. He has deep experience developing creative retirement saving strategies for high earners, managing the proceeds from the sale of a business or other major liquidity events, and generating tax efficient cash flow to meet a client’s income needs. Additionally, Jonathan spends much of his time working together with his client’s other trusted advisors to help facilitate and manage various tax, estate, and financial planning strategies.
Jonathan is an active contributor in his field. He has facilitated over 100 monthly symposia geared towards accountants and attorneys on various cutting edge topics in the area of wealth management. He is a prolific writer, with works published in Barron’s, CCH, CNBC, Forbes, Kiplinger, NASDAQ.COM, Leimberg Information Services, TaxStringer, WealthManagement.com, Trust & Estates Magazine, The CPA Journal, The Wall Street Journal. and Yahoo! Finance. He is also the recipient of the 2018 Rising Star award through Trust & Estates Magazine.