Please sign up to come hear us speak at an event:
Keynote Speaker: Michael J. Desmond, Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service
- A Retrospective Analysis of the 2017 Tax Act –Intended and Unintended Consequences and Continuing Conundrums
- Latest New York Tax and Planning Developments
- Planning for Clients’ Incapacity
- Creative Planning Tips
- International Planning for Non-Resident Clients
- Estate Planning for IRAs
- Planning to Obtain an Increased Cost Basis at Death
- Everything an Accountant or Lawyer Should Know About Serving as a Trustee
- Tax Issues in Divorce
- Elder Law
- Charitable Giving after the Tax Act
9.5 CLE/CPE Credits
NYS Attorneys: 9.5 CLE (nontransitional, including one Ethics credit)
NYS CPAs: 9.5 CPE (in Taxation, including one Ethics credit)
CFP Credits offered
Feature on Supplemental Needs Trusts – 9:50 AM-10:40 AM.
Delivering more begins with knowing more.
When interacting with your high-net-worth clients, your contributions should bring them greater benefits than they imagined. The AICPA Sophisticated Tax Planning for Your Wealthy Clients event brings together ideas and tips that will help you strategize better 2020 results for your clients. Be on the cutting edge with:
- Updates, strategies and governmental regulations that affect wealthy individuals
- Year-end planning tips, implementation techniques and suggestions
- The latest information on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Techniques for effective tax, retirement and estate planning, asset protection and more
- UHelp on the specific needs of your tax and personal finance planning (PFP) clients
Sessions you shouldn’t miss
- Women Taking the Reins: Financial Influence on the Move
- How Emerging Technologies Are Enhancing Tax Practices
- Advanced Section 199A Planning Strategies
- Ask the Experts Panel Year-End Planning Ideas & Strategies
Who should attend?
Professionals who advise high-net-worth clients:
- CPAs, tax practitioners and personal financial planners
- Attorneys, insurance agents and enrolled agents
- Bank and trusts officers as well as family office managers
- Investment advisers
Elizabeth Forspan, Esq.
Managing Attorney at Leading Elder Law and Estate Planning Firm
Frequent Lecturer on Elder Law & Estate Planning Across the United States to Accountants, Private Wealth Professionals and Individuals
Named Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for the Last Four Consecutive Years
Worked at “Big Four” International Accounting Firm
JD from Fordham University School of Law
BA from Queens College of the City University of New York, Summa Cum Laude
Jay C. Klear, Esq.
Principal of Investment Vehicles specializing in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Derivatives and Trading Strategies
Worked at Prestigious Boutique Firm specializing in Healthcare Law
Worked at Top International “Big Law” Firm specializing in Hedge Fund and Private Equity Law
JD from Columbia University School of Law, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
BA from University of Pennsylvania, Magna Cum Laude
See Elizabeth Forspan, Esq. explain considerations in transferring a home for Medicaid planning purposes.
Sophistication Meets Sensitivity
We would be honored to be
your trusted advisers
Elizabeth Forspan, Esq. & Jay C. Klear, Esq.
How we are different
Everything changed when a cutting edge elder law attorney, Elizabeth Forspan, Esq., and a sophisticated private investment fund attorney, Jay C. Klear, Esq. decided to join forces to change an industry, one family at a time.